Kevin J. Wallace
Kevin is a graduate of Tulane University Law School in New Orleans. After Hurricane Katrina, he relocated to California to practice law. While there, he worked for civil litigation firms in both San Francisco and Santa Cruz. Kevin is very pleased to now be a part of Hearthstone Law, PLLC, located at One East Mountain St. on the Fayetteville Square. Kevin is originally from Fort Smith. Prior to entering the legal profession, Kevin was a professional boatbuilder — specializing in the construction of cold-molded custom yachts. He is a graduate of The Landing School of Boatbuilding and Design, and is an American Boat and Yacht Council-certified Marine Electrical and Marine Diesel Technician.
Kevin was admitted to the California Bar in 2007 and the Arkansas Bar in 2014. He has substantial experience in all aspects of civil litigation, handling cases in both federal and state court. His practice has focused primarily on the areas of real estate transaction, contract, commercial code, construction defect, landlord/tenant, admiralty/maritime, tort, and property law.
Representative matters include:
• Successfully litigated a case on behalf of an employee whose ex-employer was attempting to enforce a covenant not to compete against him. Obtained a declaratory judgment in client’s favor that held that, in the case of the employee, the non-compete clause was unenforceable as a matter of law.
• Defended The Theodore Roosevelt Association against an attempted lawsuit, successfully moving to quash the summons and complaint for lack of personal jurisdiction in California courts.
• Litigated and successfully settled a claim of intentional non-disclosure in a real estate transaction against sellers, sellers’ agent, sellers’ broker, and the developer and builders of a downtown San Francisco condominium high-rise.
• Successfully litigated an unlawful detainer case on behalf of a commercial landlord against her tenant (a law firm) obtaining a judgment in client’s favor.
• Litigated and successfully settled a lawsuit, for breach of contract, on behalf of a San Francisco Bay Area business-grade IP service provider against one of the world’s largest providers of dark fiber networks.
• Litigated and successfully settled a defamation/stalking lawsuit on behalf of a retired professional athlete. The favorable settlement was obtained after issuing subpoenas to Apple, Google, Starbucks, YouTube, Facebook, FedEx, Hughes Network, and others, and successfully tracing online defamatory postings to the defendant’s home, and then, using independent data, to two separate devices used by the defendant on public wi-fi networks.
• Successfully represented a nationally known supplier of premium bulk herb botanicals, spices, teas, and seasonings in a contract dispute against a well-known international retailer, and in a commercial code lawsuit against a supplier of industrial air filtration systems regarding the delivery and installation of defective manufacturing equipment integral to the client’s production process — obtained a favorable settlement in both cases.
• In addition, Mr. Wallace has successfully prosecuted and defended cases involving property boundary disputes, nuisance, encroachment, easements, commercial leases, business contracts, promissory notes, non-disclosure in commercial and residential real estate transactions, and unlawful detainer.
Kevin specializes in civil litigation. In addition to his law degree, in 2006, Kevin received an Admiralty Law Certificate from Tulane University Law School, whose Admiralty program is widely considered to be the best in the world.
The Evergreen State College (B.A., 1994)
Tulane University Law School (J.D., 2006)
Licenses and Admissions:
Arkansas State Bar (2014), License #2014110
California State Bar (2007), License #251826
Arkansas Real Estate License (2015)
Arkansas Supreme Court
California Supreme Court
U.S. District Court – Eastern and Western Districts of Arkansas
U.S. District Court – Northern and Central Districts of California